What are the best practices to getting organized?
When you are organized, for the first couple of minutes or even hours you feel extremely excited.
Today I will tell you about some things you can practice in order for you to continue being cluster free.
Make A Detailed Clutter Map
It takes a lot of work to clean a cluttered space. Clutter can get to epic proportions and they can only be tackled by performing clean ups in batches.
It appears boring to many people, none the less, it is an essential part of your guideline to overcoming clutter and ending chronic stress.
You must create a concise and detailed clutter map of the places and spaces you want to organize. Doing this saves you from being too choked up with what you have to do.
People usually get discouraged because they view a clutter as an unmovable mountain.
It actually takes time to declutter and in order to appropriately declutter, one must resume early.
You need to set goals so that you will have a clear evidence of your progress while de-cluttering.
You must start de-cluttering immediately. Begin by clearing your nearest environment that is your table and the floor around you. Even if you don’t have a clutter map with you yet, this does not matter, but be sure to make one later. the point I am trying to make here is that you begin de-cluttering right away, the goal here is to start and in return, you will immediately see the difference it makes.
Even if you don’t have a clutter map with you yet, this does not matter, but be sure to make one later. the point I am trying to make here is that you begin de-cluttering right away, the goal here is to start and in return, you will immediately see the difference it makes.
My point here is, you begin de-cluttering right away! The goal is to start and in return, you will immediately see the difference it makes.
Be Serious About Clutter
Over a very long period of time, I have discovered that people who deal with stress related problems have the attitude of not taking things seriously.
People tend to make a jest of stress management thinking that it is a joke.
You must begin to see clutter as your enemy and you must start to hate the very term disorderliness. If you are to overcome and de-clutter, you must be serious about it and when you develop such seriousness you will not have room for excuses.
Do Not Be Scared To Go Into Deep Clutter
De-cluttering a space can be a very strenuous and sometimes it gets even frustrating especially when you start viewing the level at disorganized space you have to organize.
Clearing the clutter is not easy but staying organized is harder.
Below are some tips that can help.
- If you think something is still useful while clearing the space think of these three options: throw it, sell it or give it out.
- While de-cluttering it is advised that you create two piles of things: one pile for things you will keep and another pile for things you will get rid of. The pile of things you will keep must be re-visited and crossed checked at least twice in order for you to be sure that you are not keeping things that are useless.
- When you make up your mind to get rid of something, just do it. Throw it away and forget it. Make sure you avoid reviewing the pile of things you want to get rid of. This will save you from getting emotionally drained.
- You have to create a network of people to support you so just in case it gets difficult.
- If you have doubts about anything you might want to throw away and you think it might be helpful in the future, just make a box for it, place it inside the box then write a date on the box which is three months from that time and if in three months you have not made use of it, come back and get rid of it.