Do you know that unless you have a clear understanding of yourself, it is difficult to achieve greater things in life? We all have intrinsic potentials, which if well nurtured, can make us stand out and achieve outstanding success in life.
It begins with looking inward and truly understanding who we really are because, without a clear understanding of ourselves, it becomes almost impossible to achieve real success and happiness in life.
As you transition through life, there are some things that might prevent you from knowing yourself. Take, for instance, you might get married, divorce, lose a job, and lose a loved one among other changes. On the other hand, people might make you lose focus of some great potential you have. You might be told that you are stupid, ugly, bad or unworthy. These make you lose your sense of self-being and consequently, you end up burying parts of who you truly are.
For those of you that are confused and tired of trying to follow your passion and develop your inborn potential. You feel confused most of the time, you keep oscillating between low self-esteem and overconfidence. One moment you are full of definite purpose for life and the next you are totally desolate. How do you expect or hope to have a happy life in such state?
In the quest for clarity, purpose as well as self-growth, it’s important to realize that asking yourself the right questions is a great way you can start to understand who you truly are. For that reason, here are 26 questions to help you know yourself better. Answering these questions considerably helps you realize your inborn potential and as a result achieving success and lasting happiness in your life.
Questions to help you know yourself better:
- What are my strengths?
2. What are my short-term goals? Long-term goals?
3. Who matters most to me? Who are my support people?
4. What am I ashamed of?
5. What do I like to do for fun?
6. What new activities am I interested in or willing to try?
7. What am I worried about?
8. What are my values? What do I believe in? (consider politics, religion, social issues)
9. If I could have one wish, it would be ___________
10. Where do I feel safest?
11. What or who gives me comfort?
12. If I wasn’t afraid, I would ___________
13. What is my proudest accomplishment?
14. What is my biggest failure?
15. Am I a night owl or an early bird? How can I arrange my life to better suit this part of my nature?
16. What do I like about my job? What do I dislike?
17. What does my inner critic tell me?
18. What do I do to show myself self-compassion and self-care?
19. Am I an introvert or an extrovert? Am I energized being around others or being by myself?
20. What am I passionate about?
21. What is my happiest memory?
22. What do my dreams tell me?
23. What is my favorite book? Movie? Band? Food? Color? Animal?
24. What am I grateful for?
25. When I’m feeling down I like to ___________________
26. I know I’m stressed when I ______________________
You can only build a happy and fulfilling life depending on your nature. You need to have a clear understanding of who you are. This is the right place to start. It is essential that you seek self-understanding. When you have a clear sense of yourself, it is easy to navigate life and as a result, bring meaning to your experiences. Without this, you will always feel lost.